ORANGE RIVER RAFTING TOUR OVERVIEW
This is a five day adventure at the Orange River in the middle of nowhere. Camping next to the river for two nights and camping at base camp for two nights experience the nature around you and have fun. Departing out of Cape Town with Kumba Safaris let go of the concrete jungle and experience the mighty orange river on canoes. We have all the camping equipment just come with and enjoy the adventure.
- Pick up and drop off
- 2 nights camping at lodge
- 2 nights camping on river beds
- 2 dinners at lodge
- 2 Breakfast at lodge
- 2 Breakfast on river beds
- 2-Man inflatable rafts, Paddles
- Dry bags for personal gear and life jackets Safety equipment and medical kit
- Guides on river rafting
- Delicious meals prepared by the guides on open fire next to river
- Transport back to base camp
- Extra transfers
- Snacks & Beverages
The tour will depart 09:00 AM on route to the Orange River. Please consider your fellow travellers and make sure that you are not late for your tour.
- Hotels - Backpackers - Airport - Guest houses - V&A Waterfront
- Pick up point will be discussed on booking!
Everyone arrive on the evening prior to departure at base camp where you will be welcomed by the Richtersveld hospitality and get a full briefing of the exciting few days awaiting you. The trip covers approximately 65 km of the Orange River into the Richtersveld mountain desert. After breakfast and packing all the equipment we depart from base camp where we left behind our busy normal-day lives to begin our four day adventure.
We start off with a slow paddle to lunch time. Each evening we set camp under the stars for the next two nights and during daytime we enjoy breath-taking scenery, interesting walks, exciting rapids and all that the wilderness offers. All meals are prepared by the guides. On the last day after lunch transport will be waiting to take you back to base camp where you will be spending your fourth night on the banks of the Orange River and enjoy a delicious breakfast before departing the following morning.
Departure & Pick-up:
- Departure time is 07:00 (AM) in the morning
- Pick-up point will be discussed day before tour
- 820 km from Cape Town
- Heading to Vioolsdrift
Basic Personal Kit:
- Sleeping bag and Roll mat or blow up mat
- Clothes: Costume, T shirts, long sleeve shirt, sun hat, strops, sarong, warm clothes for the evenings
- Poncho for the rain
- Refreshments: Powered cool drink or mix-a-drinks, alcoholic beverages(cans)
- Own cutlery: Plate & mug, knife, fork and spoon
- Toiletries and toilet paper
- Sunscreen, lip-ice and sunglasses (must have a strap)
- Personal medication
- Torch and batteries
- Insect repellent
- Snacks for in-between meals
- Fishing rod